Customer satisfaction had hit a low due to poor delivery performance of 75%. Client was unable to resolve the issue as there were too many products in the pipeline and many were prototypes running for the first time with unknown problems.
1. Production did not know when to start in order to meet promised delivery date to customer.
2.Batch sizes were large. Some products delayed waiting for other products to be completed.
- Industrial Engineering study to determine Standard Times for all products.
- Developed spreadsheet to determine ideal start date for each product.
- Reduced batch sizes for better production flexibility.
- Communicated DIFOT results visually on the shopfloor.
Delivery in Full On Time (DIFOT) went from 70% to 100%,
sustaining between 93% to 100%.
Precision Industry - Electronic Products Manufacturing.